Vaterra 1:10 Ascender 4WD Kit
The Chevrolet K5 Blazer is one of the most popular 4×4 vehicles off all time. This 1/10-scale kit gives you all the hardware necessary to build an RC version that looks and drives like the real thing. At the heart of its incredibly scale performance is the Vaterra® Ascender™ chassis. This innovative platform features stamped-steel ladder frames with adjustable wheelbase, a metal gear transmission and one of the most capable off-road suspensions available.
Stamped-Steel Ladder Frames with Adjustable Wheelbase
Steel, C-channel frames form the backbone of the Ascender chassis and give you four wheelbase lengths to choose from: 314mm (12.36 in), 302mm (11.9 in), 290mm (11.4 in) and 278mm (10.95 in). Markings on the frames make wheelbase adjustments easy.
Heavy Duty Suspension
The chassis has been designed with a 3-link pan-hard bar front suspension and a 4-link rear suspension. All suspension links are machined from aluminium to handle the most punishing conditions. Oil-filled, threaded shocks soak up the bumps and give you a variety of pre-load settings.
Metal Gear Transmission
Single-speed metal gear transmission is engineered to handle high-output power systems and brutal conditions. Those seeking a little more flexibility for different types of terrain can upgrade to the optional two-speed transmission, sold separately.
Floating Battery Tray
The battery tray floats over the front axle and is designed to accept 96mm shorty packs. Placing the weight of the battery over the front axle gives the front tires extra traction when crawling over rocks and tackling steep inclines.
Crawler Style Bumpers and Rock Slider Side Bars
The front and rear bumpers feature moulded tow hooks. An opening on the front bumper leaves plenty of room for a winch cable. If you want to try different 1/10-scale bodies later on, the side bars and bumpers can be moved to accommodate most of them.
Heavy Duty CV Front Shafts
As with the rest of the drive-train components, these have been designed to handle the demands of high-output power systems and rugged terrain. They also allow up to 45 degrees of steering angle – more than many other trucks in this class.
Licensed 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer Body
The clear, polycarbonate body is modelled after one of the most popular K-5 Blazers ever built. Scale touches include an injection-moulded grille with headlight details and authentic Chevrolet badging. A set of detail stickers is also included.
Licensed Interco Super Swamper Tyres
The realistic drivetrain and suspension are complemented by licensed replicas of Interco TSL SX Super Swamper® tyres. Like the full-scale versions, their tread pattern and compound provide excellent grip at almost any angle.
- Ascender™ Stamped-Steel Ladder-Frame Chassis
- 4-Length Adjustable Wheelbase
- Licensed 1986 Chevrolet® K-5 Blazer Body
- Crawler Style Bumpers
- Adjustable ‘Rock Slider’ Side Bars
- 3-Link Panhard Bar Front Suspension / 4-Link Rear Suspension
- Aluminum Suspension Links
- Floating Battery Tray
- Realistic, Low-Profile Axle Housings
- One-Piece, Low-Profile Locker/Ring Gear
- Heavy Duty Slipper Clutch
- Single-Speed, Metal Gear Transmission
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper Tyres on 1.9 8-Spoke Wheels
- Electric Motor Size: 540 required
- Gear Material: Metal
- Ball Bearings throughout
- Indoor / Outdoor: All-Terrain
- Kit / Ready-Built: Kit
- Chassis: Steel C-Channel design
- Suspension: Multi-Link with Solid Axle
- Oil-Filled Threaded Injection Molded Shocks
- Weight: Dependant on choice of installation
- Wheelbase: 278-314mm (10.95-12.36in)
- Width: 229mm (9in)
- Length: 540mm (21.25in)
- Height: 241mm (9.5in)
- Ground Clearance: 37mm (1.06in)
- Front/Rear Track: 220mm (8.66in)
- Wheel Diameter: 1.9in
- Tyre Diameter: 15mm (4.5in)
- Pinion/Spur: 14T / 86T 48-pitch
- Internal Gear ratio: 4.05:1
- Final Drive ratio: 7.86:1
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel radio and receiver (3 channel with 2-speed transmission sold separately)
- Motor and speed controller
- Steering servo
- Shift Servo (with optional 2-speed transmission)
- Battery pack and appropriate charger
- Polycarbonate paint
- Metric tool set
- Ball-Link pliers
- Body scissors
Part Number: VTR03023
Surface Type: Off-Road
Assembly Type: Un-Assembled (Kit)
Vehicle: Rock Crawler
Motor Type: No Motor Supplied